Celebrate Safely this Holiday Season
Entertaining and celebrating with family and friends is what the holiday season is all about.
This year, take some time to learn about potential fire hazards related to cooking, candles, decorations, electrical cords, and heating devices.
Keep your holiday parties safe with these U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) tips:
• Test your smoke alarms and tell your guests about your home fire escape plan.
• Keep children and pets away from lit candles.
• Keep matches and lighters up high in a locked cabinet.
• Stay in the kitchen when cooking at high temperatures like frying, grilling or broiling.
• Ask people who smoke to smoke outside. Remind smokers to keep their smoking materials with them, so young children do not touch them.
• Keep doorways and exit paths clear of furniture and decorations.
Find more holiday and fire safety information on the USFA Holiday Safety page.